python-mcrypt is a comprehensive Python interface to the mcrypt library, which is a library providing a uniform interface to several symmetric encryption algorithms. It is intended to have a simple interface to access encryption algorithms in ofb, cbc, cfb, ecb and stream modes. The algorithms it supports are DES, 3DES, RIJNDAEL, Twofish, IDEA, GOST, CAST-256, ARCFOUR, SERPENT, SAFER+, and more.
The python-mcrypt module provides the following features:
- Support for Python newstyle classes, allowing subclassing.
- Comprehensive unitttests.
- Support for many well known and less known algorithms and modes. (*)
- Support for fixlength algorithm, adjusting encrypted data length even for block algorithms and modes.
- Support for direct file encryption.
- Complete inline documentation.
- Check parameters before passing to mcrypt library, protecting against segmentation faults.
(*) mcrypt library features
The following files are available:
Gustavo Niemeyer <email@example.com>